Managing remote employees in today’s work-from-home culture is a growing concern to several HR personnel out there. Let us take a deeper look into the remedies to the problem. Read ahead to learn more!
The short and simple answer is: no. Technology over these years has grown so much. Maximum productivity should be a priority even when the employees are sitting comfortably in their desired workspace. But there are some challenges to be addressed first!
Are there any drawbacks to employees working remotely?
Communication in an organization plays a crucial role in the efficiency of said organization. It is how we let our ideas, thoughts, feedback, suggestions flow in the chain of communication in an office. It is inconvenient to exchange information because the employees are not physically present in the workplace.
Poor communication is one of the most prevalent problems when it comes to working with remote employees. To talk to these employees working remotely, the organization has to resort to digital communication methods.
These digital methods have their own set of cons, like not being able to track accountability. Adding to that, not having a physical mentor around to guide them through the little things in an organization. However, there are a lot more advantages to employees working remotely and working from home, some of them are:
- A lot of jobs that are high paying are now scattered around the country and not just at white-collar saturated office spaces in an urban city.
- It gives the organization a chance to track what an employee does during office hours, keeping logs of activities, websites visited, and used services.
- It makes team management and conducting meetings easier without overcrowding a particular location, especially during this pandemic and age of social distancing.
Why is managing remote employees necessary?
An organization needs to be clear about the efficient use of its resources. It must track and log all the activities that the employees in the office are utilizing. That means that it needs to have extensive knowledge about all the information that the employees are working remotely on are being used for the organization only and that no data gets leaked out.
The chances of that happening are high as the remote employees are not under the direct surveillance of the organization. Hence it is necessary to look into the virtual management of employees that are working remotely. As important as security is, it is also crucial to check whether the employees working remotely for an organization are as driven and motivated to work from their comfort as they would be if they worked in-house themselves.
It is crucial to the organization that the remote employees feel satisfied working. And that their actions and their work goes noticed and appreciated. When these employees go through reviews, their deeds and their achievements shine through as well. It makes performance tracking a lot easier for the higher levels in the organization.
These were the necessary steps required to keep remote employees in check. Let us learn how you can manage a team consisting of people all working from their homes.
How to go about managing remote employees working from home?
- Clarity: It is vital to be clear about your expectations from the team and be as vocal as possible about the results you desire. As there is no visual context, it is difficult for remote employees to come to conclusions. It is why it is crucial to convey what is expected from them as clearly as possible.
- Encourage Taking Independent Decisions: Motivating them to change their workspace and to switch between them is vital. It provides freshness during office hours and keeps the employees mindful and ready for work!
- Appreciation and Motivation go a long way: When the team feels motivated, they do their tasks efficiently. So, it is vital for these remote employees to feel motivated to work during their office hours and provide their best to the organization, no matter where they are.
- Outcome > Volume of work: It is crucial to know that engaging a team of employees is successful only with proper evaluation of their results. And not the time they have logged into finishing the said work.
- Keeping tabs on the team: Keeping individual tabs and having information about how they are doing and what they have been doing outside of office hours can be very healthy, especially in remote teams. But overdoing it can be a problem too!
Not every person is the same on this Earth. The same can be said for all the different people in a remote team. It is vital to consider their feelings while also ensuring they do their tasks and deadlines. It guarantees the work gets done in a fulfilling yet efficient manner.
Now that the “how-to” is addressed, let us discuss the best way to handle employees working remotely.
Are there any resources that aid you in managing remote employees?
One of these systems goes by the name of EmpMonitor.
EmpMonitor is one of the most efficient monitoring applications for managing remote employees and aims to provide complete A-Z protection of data confidential to your organization. It has built-in features that enable employers to assess high-performing employees and remunerate them accordingly.
It helps an organization monitor where employees spend their time during office hours. It logs all the activities of the employees, including the websites that they have used along with any applications. It logs keystrokes and presents them in the form of descriptive graphs and charts for easy analysis. From a user’s point-of-view it is easy to install and very user-friendly and is a one-stop shop for all solutions to monitoring, tracking, and analyzing the performance of employees.
In a case study done by EmpMonitor, one of their customers faced the challenge of managing remote employees doing well but then slacking off later. He noticed that the logs were updated manually by the employees. He had no legitimate proof of the productivity of his employees.
He had his remote employees install EmpMonitor from where he could see in the form of automated screen captures, keystrokes, apps, and websites used along with other information. He saw what was limiting him and was soon able to weed out any distractions hindering the focus of his employees. Below, we will look at what makes EmpMonitor the superior remote employee management system to the other competitors.
What does EmpMonitor provide you?
- Time Management: Crucial to the organization, track and eliminate any time wasted and track the presence of your employees and their activities.
- Managing Remote Employees: Manage different systems and multiple users effectively in a one-stop centralized network monitoring dashboard.
- Real-Time Information: Keep track of the activities carried out by your remote employees in real-time and manage different levels of departments efficiently.
- Attendance Management: Take attendance of an entire department easily with EmpMonitor and get automated, ready-made reports for log hours and employee attendance every 30 days.
Any organization must monitor its employees, be it in-house or remotely. Especially in these times and with the work-from-home culture, an organization needs to be aware of threats in their security and their data and information falling into the wrong hands.
EmpMonitor, installed for managing remote employees, will automatically review, record, analyze, block, and even alert any insider threats found for passivity. With the automated screenshots and recording the keystrokes and activity of the users, it is easy for organizations to actively track and analyze the performance and the tasks of their employees working remotely. Download EmpMonitor from their website to know more about their pricing and solutions!